The importance of great fintech leadership — particularly in a down market cycle — can’t be overstated.
Dan Sogorka is the CEO behind a rare breed of company in this unforgiving 2022 fintech and mortgage cycle: a profitable B2B software firm using cloud-native, open API platforms to power daily servicing, default management, and homeowner care/retention in America’s giant $12 trillion mortgage servicing market.
Given the breadth of Dan’s impact at Sagent, it came as no surprise to learn that he had been selected as a winner of HousingWire’s 2022 Vanguard award.
Here’s what HousingWire had to say about the 2022 cohort of HousingWire Vanguard winners:
Each year, the HousingWire Vanguards represent an elite group of industry executives who are moving the housing market forward. But these industry veterans didn’t fall into these roles overnight. The vast majority of them have carved unique paths for themselves, picking up invaluable knowledge along the way to help them better strategize and lead their organizations. The following profiles for our 2022 honorees include the origin stories of 100 industry elites who continue to have a major impact on the housing landscape.
Read on to learn a bit more about Dan’s influence at Sagent.
Dan’s Impact at Sagent
Dan has been our fearless leader since 2020. On Dan’s watch, since the pandemic began, we’ve been able to bring the same modern ‘push button, get mortgage’ experienced lenders and consumers get in originations to servicing, where lifetime consumer relationships are managed and grown – and where homeowner hardships must receive immediate, digitally-simplified, compassionate, and compliant resolution.
In the last 12 months, Dan has:
- Closed a landmark deal between Sagent and $796 billion servicing giant Mr. Cooper whereby Mr. Cooper became a long-term Sagent client, and Sagent acquired Mr. Cooper’s industry-best consumer servicing technology and 200-person technology team, which is now being integrated with the best of Sagent’s consumer, core enterprise servicing, and default platforms to deliver the only cloud-native, open-API platforms to all servicers in America.
- Scaled product development to deploy new features, functionality, and configurability that keeps up with the ever-changing market, supporting loan servicers’ technology pain points. This includes the launch of two products, DataScape and LoanBoard.
- Secured several new and existing multi-year partnerships across the servicing and mortgage-lending landscape to modernize systems for loan origination, point of sale, products and pricing, eSign, digital closing, and marketing across Sagent’s full loan servicing suite consisting of LoanServ (system of record), CARE (consumer loan servicing), Tempo (default management), DataScape (data services), and LoanBoard (automated MSR onboarding and compliance). These partnerships include:
- Freedom Mortgage (5-year partnership renewal)
- Computershare (6-year agreement extension)
- Chickasaw Community Bank (10-year deal)
- Fairstone Financial Inc (5-year partnership renewal)
- Gateway First Bank (10-year partnership renewal)
- Clearview Federal Credit Union (7-year deal)
- Land Home Financial Services (10-year deal)
- Servion (New 7-year partnership)
- Consolidated Analytics (New ecosystem partnership)
- Continued to build the mortgage software industry’s most experienced executive leadership team – a team known industrywide as “visionaries who get the details” – by adding 2 highly regarded product and legal leaders:
- Closed a strategic partnership deal with transformative blockchain pioneer Figure that has two elements: Figure uses Sagent to power servicing for its mortgage products, and Sagent becomes an exclusive partner in a long-term vision to bring America’s mortgage servicing assets onto the Provenance Blockchain.
- Transitioned Sagent to a remote-first company model, expanding its employee footprint across 40 states, while growing the team by 10%.
- Established a partnership with NAMMBA (National Association of Minority Mortgage Brokers of America) to shape the future of the servicing industry to reflect and embody the diverse American population it serves.
Since joining Sagent, Dan has drastically accelerated the modernization of how banks and lenders power the homeownership and consumer-lending experience for more than 14 million borrowers on more than $2T in outstanding loans.
The Bottom Line
It’s never been a better time to be a part of Team Sagent, and that is in no small part due to Dan’s steadfast leadership. A well-deserved congratulations to Dan for his 2022 HousingWire Vanguard win. We can’t wait to see what comes next with Dan at the helm.
Want to hear more from Dan? Check out his recent article featured in HousingWire.