Sagent Honored with 2023 HousingWire Tech100 Win
To say Sagent has come out the gate with a strong start in 2023 would be a bit of an understatement. Q1 2023 has been busy for Team Sagent. We’ve added game-changing industry leaders to our team, like Marianne Sullivan, Sagent’s new COO and former Fannie Mae exec, and Priya Seenath, our SVP, Chief of Staff, Technology and Engineering (of former Freedom Mortgage fame).
And while we try not to pat ourselves on the back too much, we can’t deny that 2023 is shaping up to be a solid year so far for industry awards. Whether it’s Built In’s Best Places to Work, Mortgage Women Magazine’s Women of Tech, or HRO Superstars, Sagent — and more importantly, our visionaries and associates — are being recognized for their dynamic impact on the mortgage industry.
And so, it is with pride we announce our latest recognition, as Sagent has been named to HousingWire’s Tech100 list for the third-straight year.
According to HousingWire, the 2023 Tech100 Mortgage winners “bring innovation to the mortgage process — from origination to closing, and servicing to secondary markets. Their groundbreaking technologies and visionary ideas are transforming the way we buy, sell, and finance homes.”
Read on to learn a bit more about why Sagent was selected for this award:
Why Sagent as an HW Tech100 award winner?
Here’s a quick primer on what we’re all about at Sagent:
Since 2020, Sagent’s mortgage servicing experts have built — and are moving faster than ever in 2023 to improve — the industry’s only enterprise, default, and consumer platforms that are all synced by real-time-data.
This enables servicers, homeowners, investors, regulators, and partners to take real-time action using instant insight without missing any fine detail that’s required for customer satisfaction, servicer operations excellence, and regulatory compliance in America’s $13 trillion servicing ecosystem.
Sagent’s technology, product, customer success, and executive teams are Visionaries Who Get the Details, drawing on their deep resumes in the servicing trenches to execute on tech stack builds every day alongside the industry’s top banks and lenders that service trillions in mortgages for tens of millions of homeowners.
How Sagent is Building the Future of Servicing
Sagent’s mortgage servicing experts are building the future of servicing fintech, which isn’t about repeating buzzwords like “disruption.” Instead, it’s about granular, nuanced innovation — knowing what changes must happen and when, and executing with no mistakes across scale operations where every tiny detail is highly regulated. And doing all of this within aging infrastructure — Sagent builds pathways within the aging infrastructure, and is incrementally replacing it with the new.
To this end, Sagent offers three scale platforms synced by real-time data, plus consulting and advisory for specialty servicing that sets us apart. Here’s a briefing on each:
3 Scale Platforms Synced by Real-Time Data
- LoanServ, the industry’s most modern system of record, powers every iteration of escrow management, customer care, loan boarding, payments, and investor remittance, management, and reporting. By automating complex, high-volume workflows, the platform empowers customer-facing teams to manage complex inquiries with quick, one-call outcomes. LoanServ touches every aspect of the loan lifecycle: from reducing risk and cost during the onboarding process (regardless of origination channel) to processing real-time payments and disbursements throughout the life of the loan. With LoanServ, investors get real-time data and insights on performance and cash flow to power risk analysis and secondary market reporting.
- Sagent Tempo is a default servicing platform powering the real-time consumer loss mitigation lifecycle for investors, vendors, and regulators. By enabling custom loss mitigation, foreclosure, and bankruptcy workflows for vendors, partners, and attorneys, Sagent Tempo’s real-time data sync tracks every key date and piece of compliance documentation to ensure compassionate care and fast resolution to strained borrowers, and real-time status to investors, partners, and regulators throughout default cycles.
- Sagent CARE is a customer attention, retention, and engagement platform that helps servicers manage performing and non-performing loans by providing a self-serve, digital servicing experience to borrowers. With a straightforward, modern experience from any device, borrowers can maintain full control of their finances as they manage payments, identify savings opportunities, go paperless, track tax information, and monitor home equity. With Sagent CARE, customer-facing teams can support borrowers in-real time with secure messaging and screen, document, and data sharing, while the Sagent CARE API allows servicers to seamlessly integrate modern servicing tools into their existing customer experiences.
The Bottom Line
Throughout an acute market cycle adjustment that began in 2022, Sagent combined deep tech expertise with unparalleled industry knowledge to simplify the extremely complex servicing space. Here are a few highlights:
- Each month, Sagent’s consumer platform streamlines 1+ million homeowner interactions, processes $1.15+ billion in one-time payments, and facilitates 49,000+ recurring automated payments monthly, 45% of which happen on a mobile device.
- Sagent’s open-API enterprise platform makes thousands of consumer-owned data points available so servicers can configure workflows tailored to their customer service, team process, and investor reporting needs.
- Sagent signed eight multi-year servicing customer deals in the last 12 months, including a landmark deal with Mr. Cooper.
- In this deal between America’s number three-ranked mortgage servicer Mr. Cooper and Sagent, Sagent acquired Mr. Cooper’s core servicing fintech platforms along with 200 fintech employees who are now with Sagent, building solutions to serve all players in our $13 trillion mortgage servicing industry. This marked the beginning of a partnership that’s creating the industry’s first cloud-native, homeowner-first servicing platform.
Entrusted to power over $2 trillion in outstanding mortgage balances on its platforms, Sagent collaborates with its servicing customers to create open-API models that give banks and lenders cost control and optionality on operations, customer service, and real-time compliance with real-time policymaking.